8.04.2009

reflections of the way life used to be...


okay- by the title, you can probably tell that music not only inspires me... it drives me. No matter what is going on in life, there is always a song lyric to make me see things a different way. So you will probably recognize many things in my blogs from songs you know. (just as my statuses on Facebook.)


Everyone has a story...


Ever ask yourself...how did we get here? When we dream as a child of where we will be when we grow up, how many of us really end up there. VERY FEW. Actually with that said, if we take the time to recognize the beautiful blessings around us, we are probably far better off. It's all about those unanswered prayers. Truly believe they are one of God's greatest blessings...


Nothing that happens is by accident. We are right where we are suppose to be as we create our history day by day.


There are highs and there are lows- no matter who you are, where you live, or what you own... without the lows- the highs mean nothing. Ironically enough, when we face the hard times we seem to appreciate everything good so much more.


Well known as a control freak, I have always liked to plan out every minute of every day and plan ahead... In the last 8 months we have faced the tough reality that we are not promised a "some day" or a "future" or even a "tomorrow." Yes, life truly does happen while we are making plans. It also seems to wake us up when we least expect it or begin taking things for granted. We learned overnight last December that there are many situations that we can not control, change, or quite frankly do anything about at all. A bad prognosis to a chronic health condition is one of them.


I had a choice to make... accept it and face it head on and begin living everyday to the fullest as long as my body would allow it, or curl up and have a pity party. I choice door number 1.

I feel I was given this life because I can handle what is thrown my way. That does not mean it is easy, or everything is fun... by all means it's not. There are many days I put on a fake smile and pretend I feel great just so I don't miss the life that is going on around me. This is my way of coping. It works for me...


Lesson number 1- NEVER TAKE YOUR HEALTH FOR GRANTED.


"Some of God's greatest gifts are all too often unanswered prayers."

No comments:

Post a Comment